Monday, April 5, 2010

A little Asian Doll using Cricut Pagods

Good Monday to you all. I am getting ready to head to bed as you all in the USA are getting up. My internal clock is all out of wack and I have a feeling it will be for the entire month of April. Got to pay the bill--Right!
Today I am kicking off my two week Asian, one week NYC business trip with a simple card using Pagoda and origami paper. I tried cutting the origami paper with the Cricut with little to NO success--so you may have to use the old fashioned way if you want to use it! I simply sliced a bit off the bottom and applied a strip of pattern paper to the bottom edge. On the doll I added a few black pearls and stitching for definition. For the black background I used one of the textured Cuddlebug Folders from the Asian bundle.

19 comments:

  1. The paper is gorgeous! You took your Cricut with you? Your Cricut has a better looking passport than me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Don't break the Cricut on your trip. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, the stitching is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the paper

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out so cool lookin! I really like it! TFS! (scrapper1969)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the paper, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it... Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, stellar version of the Babushka doll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful and I love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. seriously, beautiful!!! I cannot tell you how much I love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is a doll! Pun intended. Amazing that you travel with your cricut-but what better way to spend those alone moments. Thanks for taking the time.
    Nana Crys

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, how do you travel with your Cricut. I can't even let it out of my sight when I go anywhere. But to get on a plane with it, I am not to sure I would be able to handle it.

    The card looks fantastic. I am glad to see more people using the Pagoda cart.

    Thank you for sharing. Hope you have a good trip.

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really fantastic card. Paper is cool.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it.. I need to take my cart out and play.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The doll is very pretty.Love the paper.Thanks for sharing! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany