Friday, October 8, 2010

Ittsy Bittsy Spider Halloween Card

It's Friday and I am on my way to Kansas City--Looking forward to some family time and some crafting with my niece, a visit to my favorite scrap store (the scrapbook page in Shawnee), and just being home! 
Today's card was a lot of fun to make--here is the break down
-card base (black) was is Close to My Heart
-Patter paper (double sided/used both sides) My Mind's Eye Blackbird "big dots"
-cream rectangle was colonial white from Close to My Heart
-3D wooden spider from Michael's
-EEEEK stamp is Martha Stewart
-Black embossing powder Close to My Heart
-Inside sentiment stamp by Basic Grey 


The wooden spider was attached with a penny and pop dots so it spins!!!!
I added some black fake stitching around the edge of the cream rectangle.  I love how embossing turns out!
I used the Martha Stewart web border punch and some white chalk ink to trim the front base of the card.

I love this stamp by Basic Grey--the font and flourish are simply perfect!
Check back on Sunday for the bolg candy--you are going to want this limited stamp set for all your halloween projects!!!!
Have a great one-

12 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card. That spinning spinder is just too clever!! The embossing is fantab! I so want that border punch and stamp! I see retail therapy in my future this weekend! A little Martha Madness at Michael's for sure LOL. Enjoy your trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. How do you use the penny and pop dots to make the spider spin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I, too, want to know how the spider spins. Thanks for sharing.--Ryansmaama
    gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Love that spider and it spins!!! Can you explain how you did that?
    Thanks! JeanH

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it.... also am confused by how the spider spins. Thanks. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with everyone else--I can't figure out how the penney and the pop dots make the spider spin! Help! What embossing powder did you use? It looks like is really shines.
    Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to make it spin, love this card.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another adorable one, Bryan!
    Mstgane
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW!! This is just awesome! Love that the spider spins!! Hope you have a wonderful time visiting your family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! Please share how the penny and pop dot work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it, and I with everyone else, please show the penny and pop dot spin. Is it in the magic book too? I have only gotten half way thru the book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Martha Stewart edge punches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany