Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cupcake layout



So this is the layout I did using the cupcake embellishment from yesterday.


The layout if part of a birthday book I am doing for my best friend who is pictured here--needless to say I am running a bit behind since his birthday was in September--LOL

Some of the details-

The background paper is from Recollections and is a rainbow stripe. I cut 5 strips of 30's from Designers Calender for the shiny black layer--I used acid free spray mount to attach these strips which made it super easy to lay it out. The picture frame is from the seasonal mothers day cartridge and the happy birthday present is from Lyrical Letters. Both the frame and the happy birthday were cut using a two color double sided paper. I attached the bow to the happy birthday with a foam square and added a 'stud' accent to the center of the bow. The statement at the bottom of the picture reads "welcome to your 30's-Sept 2009"

Hope you like the lay out and how the cupcake was put to use!

Come back on Thursday to see how I take a card I found while in Asia and use it in a layout for an "all about me" book.

6 comments:

  1. Love it, Love it, Love it. My 1 yr old grandbaby had a cupcake birthday and I am so going to scraplift this idea. thanks, Bry, Love you. bs8984nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan, Love the layout! Great job. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryan, I really love this layout... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Cute layout!! I did the embossing on the frosting too a few weeks ago and thought it was too cute, yours is much cuter as mine was just for fun, not for any reason, just had to try my cartridge out LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout, especially the strips of 30 as part of the background. I wasn't interested in the designers calendar cart until now!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany