Monday, January 18, 2010


Hi everyone--its Monday and i have a pretty easy Valentines Day treat bag--and the best part of this project is all the supplies (except candy) came from one place and the total for the project including candy was $15 dollars and makes 18 bags!
For the white tag with glitter lips I cut a tag from sweet treats (tags key 28) at 3" and rounded my corners with the 1/2" option on my corner chopper. I then used versamark ink and stamped the lips and used red glitter embossing powder--the stamp was $1 and the embossing powder was $4. I stamped and heated 5 tags at one time. I took ribbon (came three spools per pack for $1 each) and cut it into 6" strips. Taking 3 strips (2 printed with lips and one pink printed ribbon placed in the middle) I tied them through the hole in a knot and spread them out.
The red header is 8" long and 5 1/4" wide which I used my paper cutter to band out 18 of them. Once cut I used my Martha Stewart Scouring Board to score each red pc at 4" and folded in half. After the initial prep work I sent each through the cuddlebug and used the conversations folder from the HSN bundle; this adds texture and I just really like this folder!
To put it all together--I cut the bad down about 4 inches before putting anything in the bag. I added about 30 chocolate kisses folded a red header over the top and used two red staples to secure it to the bag. I pulled out my pop dots and placed three on the back of each tag, centered on the red headed and stuck it down. So this Valentine was sealed with a KISS!!!

Thanks for stopping by and come back on Tuesday for the first part of a two part post!

11 comments:

  1. Those are very nice. I signed up to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice treat bags! You are making me wish I had bought that lip stamp! Thanks for the enabling. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! These are SO CUTE!! I am totally scraplifting this great project for the upcoming elementary school parties!! You are wonderful!!!

    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the lip stamp--When I saw it I HAD to have it--and what joy I get from just $1!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry I had to delete...i was saying... love the embossing and the whole project is really cute, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so presh! I love them. I keep talking myself out of those folders but I think I need to cave. I want the bundle primarily for the conversation hearts and the chandelier!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable treat bags!! :)
    I signed up to follow your blog, can't wait to see what other creative projects you come up with! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in the process of doing treat bags too. I hope mine turn out as nice as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Nice, easy, quick & how nice to do up 30 for your kids classroom giveaways? I like Bryan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this creation! thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany