Monday, March 8, 2010

Baby....

Happy Monday! This weekend was jammed full of prep work for my upcoming trip to Asia for work. More on that in the coming weeks!
Today's card is super simple and very inexpensive to make! Total cost was 1.00 since I used paper I already had I only purchased these very cute chipboard sticker letters at Target--total 1.07 with tax! I love a deal.

The base color is one that is a shadow color in the printed paper as is the yellow base of the letters--I used a Fiskers punch to create the layered border. The fist layer is a blue accent, then the pattern paper is from a basic grey stack I purchased at Michael's (I used the photo mat stack) then Layered in the base color again. The card is a standard 6 1/2 by 4 1/4. Inked all the edges and called it good!


On the inside I used a strip of the patterned paper on the bottom and cut a Top Note shape from Song Bird Cricut Cartridge(cut in standard and in shadow)--here I stamped 'congratulations' in a burnt brown and added bling in the same golden color around the words, inked the edges! used my ATG gun to stick it all down. It was that simple.
Thanks for stopping in--leave those comments and let me know what you think!
Bryan

7 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL! I am so glad you detailed how you did the bordering - very clever! I love the colors and everything! GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, love those simple cards. I also love to get bargains in the Target $1 bins. That is where I got all the material for my DD's valentine treats for $4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bargains are awesome!! Another very cute creation.

    Thanks for shairng!
    ~KristinaH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but very elegant! Love the colors and details!! Wonderful card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Bryan...love the colors you chose!!! I just purchased that same punch over the weekend!!!

    I have something for you on my blog...I hope you'll get a chance to visit!!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. I have missed your posts.

    Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany