Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday, Monday (ba da ba ba da ba)!!!

Don't you just love some Mamas and the Papas--I may be young but I had parents (mostly my father) who listened to oldies in the car my ENTIRE childhood--so  I am well versed! LOL.
Alright on to the birthday book handover!
So here he is with his custom birthday book--one year to the day from the last birthday party! No one said I was quick--just creative.  We all met for dinner at the best Mexican place in Dallas and then off to Family Karaoke!  All of us had a privet room so we could sing as bad as we wanted and not embarrass ourselves or cause any pain to other ears.  I have found my inner love for a microphone and making smart comments--have I missed my called????
Here is the opening page--I still think the cupcake is AWESOME!!! Here is a link to how I did it!
Here is the layout complete with pictures that I made using the new CTMH Magic book
The next page turned out very bright and perfect for a birthday party--I used some basic grey patterned paper and CTMH solid card stock!
I used some of the CTMH 4x6 flip flaps to add 8 pictures to a layout what would only have four otherwise!  These flip flaps were a wow at the party--people thought they were super cool--and for only $3.95 a small investment for a BIG impact!
I used this pre-made embellishment that I got at Hobby Lobby on sale for $1.50 to add some bling to the page.
I added a few silver brads to the right page as well.--it is amazing how a few simple brads add pop to a page--I used my BIG BITE to punch the holes.  I buy these brads in bulk as I use them all the time--just google bulk brads and you will get tons of places to buy them--these are just the normal sized ones.

Over the next week I will be showing you all the pages as well as a simple birthday card so keep checking back so you don't miss anything.
Make it a great one!

13 comments:

  1. That cupcake is awesome! It really does look good enough to eat! The rest of the pages are just as incredible. There is nothing better than a handmade gift of memories.. Excellent job! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more...the cupcake is AWESOME! The embossing and sprinkles are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all! I am sure he was thrilled..... Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. I'm sure that it will bring back some wonderful memories. Nice gift.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! I'm sure he will treasure this album. Looks awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat gift! Have you started making one from the party this year? : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great album!!! OH which Mexican place is the best in your opinion?? Please tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it so far! It must have been a big hit and probably the best present!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome gift. Sounds like you had a blast!
    Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cupcake looks so yummy. I like the 30 background. Nice job.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORABLE!! My birthday is JULY 9 SO YOU HAVE ALMOST A YEAR. REMEMBER I BLOGYOU EVERY DAY!!!!!
    mstgane
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your work, you have a nice balance between the pics, and embelishment. You have a eye for color that could work for a guy or a girl. Keep up the great work LOVE your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect gift!! I too am a "thoughtful" crafter! Speedy has never been used to describe my work! But I choose quality over speed...
    Shellee

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany